What is a section cut?
A section view is a view used on a drawing to show an area or hidden part of an object by cutting away or removing some of that object. The cut line is called a “cutting plane”, and can be done in several ways.
How do you draw a section line?
You draw a section line by specifying a start point, an endpoint, a length, and a height for the section. You can specify additional points between the start point and the endpoint to create jogs in the section. The section line acts as a cutting plane, slicing a section from the building model.
How do I show a section cut in SketchUp?
To add a section plane, follow these steps:
- Choose Tools, Section Plane to activate the Section Plane tool. ...
- Move the Section Plane tool around your model. ...
- After you figure out where you want to cut, click once to add a section plane. ...
- Choose the Move tool.
How do I cut a shape in SketchUp?
To perform a trim, follow these steps:
- Select the Trim tool ( ). Tip: Until you hover over a solid group or component, you see an arrow cursor with a circle and a slash. ...
- Click to select the cutting group or component. ...
- Click the group or component that you want to cut.
How do I save a section cut in SketchUp?
Exporting section cut effects
- If your section plane is within a group or component context, double-click the group or component to open its context.
- Select the section plane with the section cut that you want to export.
- Select File > Export > Section Slice. ...
- Choose where you want to save the file.
How do you cut a section in AutoCAD?
To Create a Section Line (AutoCAD Mechanical Toolset)
- Click Home tab Detail panel Section Line. ...
- Select a starting point for the section line .
- Select the next point or points for the section line and press ENTER.
- Enter a letter to reference the section line at the starting point.
- Press ENTER.
- Move the cursor to select the side of the cutting plane.
How do I pan in SketchUp for free?
Panning around If you have a scroll wheel mouse, simply hold down the scroll wheel to make the Pan tool cursor appear. Although Mac OS X users typically don't have a scroll wheel mouse, you can still toggle to the Pan tool as you hold down the mouse button by pressing Command+Control+Shift.
What happens when you triple click a face in SketchUp?
Double-clicking an edge gives you that edge plus all the faces that are connected to it. When you triple-click an edge or a face, you select the whole conglomeration that it's a part of.
Where are the layers in SketchUp?
In SketchUp Viewer, you access a model's layers as follows: Click the Main Menu icon ( ). Click the Layers icon ( ), and the Layers tab appears, as shown in the following figure.
How do I lock a layer in sketch?
- Select a layer by clicking on the name of the layer in the List, or by clicking on the layer in the Canvas.
- Delete a layer by pressing backspace, or clicking Delete in the menu.
- Hide a layer by clicking the eye icon.
- Lock a layer by right-clicking and selecting “Lock Layer” from the menu.
What is a tag in SketchUp?
In SketchUp, you can use Tags to organize objects and control their visibility. By hiding tagged objects in one click, you can hide large chunks of your model to find things faster, and even speed up SketchUp a bit too.
What is the difference between groups and components in SketchUp?
By definition, a Group is a single instance of a collection of geometry. A Component is a named collection of geometry that can exist at multiple locations within the model. Each instance is a repetition of all others. A change to one instance changes all other instances.
How do you explode in SketchUp?
To break up the object, click to select it and choose Edit > Group > Explode or Edit > Component > Explode.
Which style displays only edges in SketchUp?
The only way to view edges is with profiles on. Notice there are three Styles in the model, two of which are Sketchy Edge styles. Sketchy Edge styles are for artistic presentation, not modeling. Try the third Style in the model, Simple Style.
How do I group in SketchUp for free?
To create a group, follow these steps:
- With the Select tool ( ), select all the entities you want to include in your group.
- Select Edit > Group from the menu bar. Or context-click the selection and choose Group from the menu that appears. Everything in the selection becomes grouped within a bounding box.
What is explode in SketchUp?
Explode: When you explode a component instance, you're effectively turning it back into regular ol' geometry. Explode is a lot like Ungroup in other software programs (in SketchUp, you use Explode to disassemble both components and groups).
Can you group layers in SketchUp?
If you are asking how to do it in SketchUp, you can only do it with a plugin. Native SU doesn't allow grouping layers (aka Tags in SU 2020 onwards). ... Creating a hierarchy of tags pertains only to coordinated visibility, not to any sort of assembly or gathering of the SketchUp objects.
How do I create a component in SketchUp?
Create a component
- Select the geometry you want to include in your component. ...
- Choose Edit > Make Component from the menu bar, or context-click the selection and choose Make Component. ...
- In the Definition box, type a meaningful name for your component. ...
- In the Description box, add a short description of your component.
How do you add an object to Google SketchUp?
Follow these steps:
- Open the model into which you want to import a SketchUp file.
- Select File > Import.
- In the Open dialog box that appears, navigate to the SketchUp file. ...
- Select the SketchUp file, and click Open. ...
- Click in the drawing area to place the component in your model.
- What does the term Section 8 mean?
- What does sector mean?
- Why are section drawings relevant in the construction?
- Is Section 8 a bad thing?
- What is the section element in HTML?
- Which engineer gets paid the most in South Africa?
- What is the difference between a section and elevation?
- Is section engineer a gazetted officer?
- What is external section formula?
- How do I download Vietnamese fonts?
You will be interested
- How do I make section numbers in Word?
- What is the section Formula Class 10?
- How do you represent a sectioned surface on a drawing?
- What is considered a section of land?
- What is Gago in Philippines?
- What is a section hand?
- Can we use section inside section?
- What is Section Line in engineering drawing?
- What is the meaning of Section Line?
- What is the section Formula class 10th?