Can you touch the monstrance?
When priests or deacons bless the people with the monstrance, they cover their hands with the ends of the veil so that their hands do not touch the monstrance as a mark of respect for the sacred vessel and as an indication that it is Jesus present in the Eucharistic species who blesses the people and not the minister.
How much does a monstrance cost?
Compare with similar items
|This item Autom Small Monstrance Reliquary||Autom Cross and Rays Monstrance with Luna|
What is a missal?
: a book containing all that is said or sung at mass during the entire year.
Is a missal a Bible?
A missal is a liturgical book containing all instructions and texts necessary for the celebration of Mass throughout the year.
Do Catholics read the Bible?
A Catholic Bible is a Christian Bible that includes the whole 73-book canon recognized by the Catholic Church, including the deuterocanonical books.
What does Missal mean in Latin?
Collins English Dictionary. Copyright © HarperCollins Publishers. Word origin. C14: from Church Latin missale (n), from missālis concerning the Mass.
What is the meaning of prepossessing?
1 archaic : creating prejudice. 2 : tending to create a favorable impression : attractive.
What does lectionary mean?
list of lections for the church year
What is a lectionary in the Catholic Church?
A lectionary (Latin: lectionarium) is a book or listing that contains a collection of scripture readings appointed for Christian or Judaic worship on a given day or occasion.
- What is the name of the bowl that holds the Eucharist?
- When did Gian Lorenzo Bernini die?
- How does Caravaggio's The Calling of St Matthew differ from art of the High Renaissance?
- Where is the statue of Apollo and Daphne?
- What is the difference between Bernini's David and Michelangelo's David?
- What is a Renaissance man woman?
- Where in the Louvre is sleeping hermaphroditus?
- How rich is Vatican?
- Is the Sistine Chapel the same thing as St Peter's Basilica?
- Who is the youngest artist to win a Grammy?
You will be interested
- Who was the real builder of Taj Mahal?
- Who planned Taj Mahal?
- Is anyone buried in the Taj Mahal?
- What are the characteristics of Baroque period?
- What is the story behind the Taj Mahal?
- What are Borromini's Baroque designs based on?
- Which city has been generally credited with the birth of the Baroque style?
- What is the genre style of the artist?
- Why was Bernini considered a masterful Baroque artist?
- Is the Grand Canyon one of the 7 Wonders?