What characterizes Minoan architecture?
What characterizes the architecture of Minoan Old Palace period? papyrus capitals and tent-like buildingsimposing fortifications and tombscorbeled vaults and guardian figuresdressed stone walls and wood columns 2.
Which was the most important architectural component of a Mycenaean palace?
Which was the most important architectural component of a Mycenaean palace? The central component of Mycenaean palaces consisting of a porch, antechamber, and throne room.
What caused the collapse of Mycenaean civilization?
The researchers argue that the long period of drought following the palace's destruction led to the end of the “Mycenaean way of life in Pylos,” as agricultural surpluses were eliminated thus making it difficult “for social elites to re-form and for the palatial system to be re-established.”
What impact did Mycenaean civilization have?
What impact did Mycenaean civilization have on later Greeks? They absorbed Egyptian and Mesopotamian influences, which they passed on to later Greeks. What values of the ancient Greeks are found in the poems of Homer? Honor, courage, and eloquence.
What caused the Mycenaean collapse?
Suggestions from scholars to explain the general collapse of the Mycenaean culture (and other contemporary ones in the Mediterranean) include natural disaster (earthquakes, volcanic explosions, and tsunami), overpopulation, internal social and political unrest, invasion from foreign tribes such as the Sea Peoples, ...
What does Patroclus say to Hector as he is dying?
Hector sees this move, advances, and putting a spear through Patroclus' belly, kills him. Patroclus dying says to Hector that Zeus and Apollo have made Hector the victor, although he shares the mortal share of death with Euphorbus. Patroclus adds that Achilles will soon kill Hector.
How did Paris killed Achilles?
How does Achilles die? Achilles is killed by an arrow, shot by the Trojan prince Paris. In most versions of the story, the god Apollo is said to have guided the arrow into his vulnerable spot, his heel. In one version of the myth Achilles is scaling the walls of Troy and about to sack the city when he is shot.
Who did Paris give the golden apple to?
Helen of Sparta
Why did Paris chose Aphrodite as the fairest?
According to legend, Paris, while he was still a shepherd, was chosen by Zeus to determine which of three goddesses was the most beautiful. Rejecting bribes of kingly power from Hera and military might from Athena, he chose Aphrodite and accepted her bribe to help him win the most beautiful woman alive.
Who threw the golden apple?
Is Golden Apple real?
Hera's sacred golden apple tree is an apple tree that grows apples made entirely of gold.
- What is the oldest bridge in the world?
- What did the bull represent in Minoan culture?
- What did the mycenaeans wear?
- What architectural contributions were made by the Mycenaeans?
- How did the Minoans influence Mycenaean culture and society?
- Why are there Egyptian obelisks in Rome?
- Why is the Mycenaean civilization important?
- Why is Dionysus called the twice born god?
- What is the difference between the Minoans and the Mycenaeans?
- What is Paleolithic Mesolithic and Neolithic?
You will be interested
- When did the mycenaeans start and end?
- How did Mycenaean architecture differ from Minoan architecture?
- What is Minoan art known for?
- Why are the mycenaeans important?
- Where was the center of the Mycenaean civilization located quizlet?
- Which form of writing was used by the Mycenaean civilization?
- What government did the Mycenaean have?
- What does Mycenaean mean in history?
- Has the monolith been removed?
- Who is the most feared Greek goddess?