What happened to the Mycenaeans during the dark age?
The Dark Age era begins with a catastrophic event: the collapse of the Mycenaean civilization, when all major Mycenaean regional centres fell out of use after suffering a combination of destruction and abandonment. Linear B script, the Mycenaean writing system, was lost shortly after c.
What caused Greek Dark Ages?
Many explanations attribute the fall of the Mycenaean civilization and the Bronze Age collapse to climatic or environmental catastrophe, combined with an invasion by Dorians or by the Sea Peoples, but no single explanation fits the available archaeological evidence.
What led to the downfall of the Mycenaeans?
Suggestions from scholars to explain the general collapse of the Mycenaean culture (and other contemporary ones in the Mediterranean) include natural disaster (earthquakes, volcanic explosions, and tsunami), overpopulation, internal social and political unrest, invasion from foreign tribes such as the Sea Peoples, ...
How long were the Greek Dark Ages?
Who did Greece side with in ww2?
|Battle of Greece|
|Date 28 October 1940 or 6 April 1941 – 23 April 1941 or 1 June 1941 Location Greece and southern Albania Result Axis victory Territorial changes Axis occupation of Greece Start of the Greek Resistance|
|Axis: Germany Italy Albania||Allies: Greece United Kingdom Australia New Zealand|
- Where were the Minoan and Mycenaean civilizations located?
- Where was the center of the Mycenaean civilization located quizlet?
- What happened as a result of the collapse of the Mycenaean civilization?
- What happened in the Mycenaean period?
- What weapons did the Mycenaeans use?
- How did the mycenaeans become wealthy?
- How did Mycenaean architecture differ from Minoan architecture?
- What were Mycenaean kingdoms like?
- What is the oldest Aegean civilization?
- Who deciphered Linear B?
You will be interested
- Who killed the mycenaeans?
- What is the Mycenaean civilization known for?
- What is Minoan art known for?
- How did the mycenaeans live?
- How many Spartan 3s are there?
- What were the Greek city states?
- Who are the 7 Greek gods?
- Where was Renaissance art displayed?
- What is the epithet of Aphrodite?
- What were the jobs of the lower class mycenaeans?