What is the sign of hyphen?
Alternatively known as a dash, subtract, negative, or minus sign, the hyphen ( - ) is a punctuation mark on the underscore key next to the "0" key on US keyboards. Pictured is an example of the hyphen and underscore key on top of the keyboard.
How do you add a hyphen?
Insert a nonbreaking hyphen
- Click where you want to insert a nonbreaking hyphen.
- Press Command+Shift+Hyphen . Tips: To insert an en dash (–), press Option+Hyphen . To insert an em dash (—) instead of double-hyphens, press Shift+Option+Hyphen .
How do you type a solid line?
Type three hyphens in a row on an otherwise blank line and then press "Enter" to create a thin, solid line; using three underscores instead will result in a thicker solid line, while using three equal signs will result in a double line.
How do you add lines to a Word document that you can type on?
Blank Space Method
- Place the insertion point where you want the ruling line (underlining).
- On the Format menu, click Font. In the Underline style box, select the line style you want, and then click OK.
- For every blank space you want to underline, press CTRL+SHIFT+SPACEBAR.
How do I insert a solid line across the page in Word?
Insert a line
- On the Insert tab, select Shapes.
- Under Lines, select any line style you like.
- Select a location in the document, hold and drag your pointer to a different location, and then release the mouse button.
What is a solid line?
Broken White Line: you may change lanes if it is safe to do so. Solid White Line: requires you to stay within the lane and also marks the shoulder of the roadway. YELLOW LINES mark the center of a two-way road used for two-way traffic. You may pass on a two-way road if the yellow centerline is broken.
Is solid or dashed?
To graph an inequality, treat the , or ≥ sign as an = sign, and graph the equation. If the inequality is < or >, graph the equation as a dotted line. If the inequality is ≤ or ≥, graph the equation as a solid line.
What are dotted lines?
1 : a line that is made up of a series of dots. 2 : a line on a document that marks where one should sign Sign your name on the dotted line.
Why is it called the nine dash line?
This dotted line was adopted from Chinese maps in the 1940s, and represents Beijing's claim over the sea and all the land features that are contained within the line.
What is the opposite of the absolute value of 8?
Note that the opposite of a positive integer is a negative integer, and the opposite of a negative integer is a positive integer. The absolute value of an integer is its distance from zero on a number line. For example, the absolute value of -8 is +8, because -8 is 8 units from zero on the number line.
Is the reciprocal of 1?
The reciprocal of 1 is 1 itself. The reciprocal or multiplicative inverse is the number we have to multiply to obtain an answer equivalent to the multiplicative identity 1.
Is negative number bigger than 0?
Positive numbers are greater than 0, and negative numbers are less than 0. Negative numbers have a minus sign (-) in front of them, while positive numbers have no sign.
Is Negative 0 a real number?
This can include whole numbers or integers, fractions, rational numbers and irrational numbers. Real numbers can be positive or negative, and include the number zero. They are called real numbers because they are not imaginary, which is a different system of numbers.
- What does an em dash do?
- What is the Ascii code for hyphen?
- What are non breaking hyphens?
- What is ellipsis in CSS?
- Do you put a hyphen between numbers and words?
- How do you make a hyphen in InDesign?
- How do I make text all caps in Excel?
- How do you stop hyphenation?
- Where is hyphenate in InDesign?
You will be interested
- What is the meaning of small caps?
- What is &mdash HTML?
- What is a soft key keyboard?
- How do you change a dash to a non breaking hyphen?
- How do you type a hyphen in Excel?
- How do I find a word in a Word document?
- How do you use a hyphen symbol?
- How do I align left and right in Word?
- How do you type a non breaking hyphen?