Who deciphered Linear B?
Why was Persia ultimately unsuccessful in conquering Greece?
Why was Persia ultimately unsuccessful in conquering Greece? Persia had fewer soldiers than Greece to fight its battles. ... Persia's leadership did not match the well-trained Greeks' leadership. Athens and Sparta were unbeatable when the two were united.
What is considered the reason for the fall of Minoa?
The reasons for the slow decline of the Minoan civilization, beginning around 1550 BC, are unclear; theories include Mycenaean invasions from mainland Greece and the major volcanic eruption of Santorini.
What happened to Mycenae?
Final collapse A second destruction struck Mycenae in c. 1190 BC or shortly thereafter. This event marked the end of Mycenae as a major power. The site was then reoccupied, but on a smaller scale. The palace of Pylos, in the southwestern Peloponnese, was destroyed in c. 1180 BC.
Who ended the dominance of the Mycenaeans?
By the end of the 12th century, the palace system that had constituted the power of the Mycenaean civilization, had vanished. The Greeks were not alone in their suffering. Around 1200, much of the eastern Mediterranean region was overwhelmed with turmoil.
How did Helen of Troy die?
Menelaus and Helen then returned to Sparta, where they lived happily until their deaths. ... According to a variant of the story, Helen, in widowhood, was driven out by her stepsons and fled to Rhodes, where she was hanged by the Rhodian queen Polyxo in revenge for the death of her husband, Tlepolemus, in the Trojan War.
Did Helen Love Paris or Menelaus?
In Greek mythology, the face that launched a thousand ships She was married to Menelaus, king of Sparta. Paris, son of King Priam of Troy, fell in love with Helen and abducted her, taking her back to Troy. ... Helen returned safely to Sparta, where she lived happily with Menelaus for the rest of her life.
- What is Mycenae famous for?
- Who is the most feared Greek goddess?
- What is the epithet of Aphrodite?
- What are some achievements of the Mycenaeans?
- What type of clothing did ancient Greece wear?
- Where was Renaissance art displayed?
- Where were the mycenaeans located in Greece?
- Who are the 7 Greek gods?
- Who killed the mycenaeans?
- When did the mycenaeans start and end?
You will be interested
- What was the mycenaeans most proud of?
- Did the mycenaeans have a king?
- Did the Spartans ever fight the Romans?
- What is the Mycenaean civilization known for?
- What does Dorians mean?
- How was Mycenaean society structured?
- What was the octopus vase used for?
- How did Greece fall?
- What were the 2 most powerful city-states in Greece?
- What was ancient Greek jewelry made out of?