How do I insert a nonbreaking hyphen?
Insert a nonbreaking hyphen Click where you want to insert the nonbreaking hyphen. On the Insert tab, in the Symbols group, click Symbol. In the box that opens, click More Symbols. In the Symbol dialog box, on the Special Characters tab, click the Nonbreaking Hyphen row to highlight it, and then click Insert.
How do you know when to put a hyphen in between words?
Generally, you need the hyphen only if the two words are functioning together as an adjective before the noun they're describing. If the noun comes first, leave the hyphen out. This wall is load bearing. It's impossible to eat this cake because it is rock hard.
What does Ctrl period do in Excel?
(period) keyboard shortcut will save you from scrolling all the way down the sheet. Pressing Ctrl+. (hold the Ctrl key and press the period key) will select the next corner of the selected range.
What is Alt E in Excel?
In the Excel 2003 screen shown in Figure 5.
What's the period key?
Alternatively referred to as a full stop or dot, a period ( . ) is a punctuation mark commonly found on the same US QWERTY keyboard key as the greater than ( > ).
What is the CTRL D?
Alternatively referred to as Control+D and C-d, Ctrl+D is a keyboard shortcut that varies depending on the program. For example, in most Internet browsers, it is used to add the current site to a bookmark or favorite. But, other programs, like Microsoft PowerPoint, use it to duplicate objects.
What is Alt F10?
Systems that ship with Windows 8.
What are the Ctrl commands?
Word shortcut keys
- Ctrl + A -- Select all contents of the page.
- Ctrl + B -- Bold highlighted selection.
- Ctrl + C -- Copy selected text.
- Ctrl + X -- Cut selected text.
- Ctrl + N -- Open new/blank document.
- Ctrl + O -- Open options.
- Ctrl + P -- Open the print window.
- Ctrl + F -- Open find box.
- How do you type a hyphen in Excel?
- Does ice cream have a hyphen?
- How do you use a hyphen correctly?
- What is &mdash HTML?
- How do you underline text in Word?
- How do I align images side by side in Word?
- How do I keep text from moving in Word?
- Is there a difference between a dash and a hyphen?
- What do you call the line between words?
- How do I insert a hyphen in Word?
You will be interested
- How do you insert a soft carriage return in Word?
- How do I get rid of hyphenation?
- How do you add a hyphenation package in LibreOffice?
- How do you use a hyphen symbol?
- How do I insert a thick line in Word?
- How do you stop hyphenation in LaTeX?
- How do I jump to the end of a Word document?
- How do you insert a nonbreaking hyphen in Word 2016?
- What is the highest performing small cap fund?
- How do I duplicate a word?