How do I insert a thick line in Word?
- On the Home tab, under Insert, click Shape, point to Lines and Connectors, and then click the line style that you want.
- In your document, hold down the mouse button and draw the line where you want. Tip: To draw a line at a pre-set angle, such as vertical or horizontal, hold down SHIFT as you draw the line.
Why does my Word document have a black line?
Since the "line" is really a paragraph border, it appears at the bottom of the last paragraph that has that format. ... Select all the paragraphs in your document by pressing Ctrl+A. Choose Borders and Shading from the Format menu. Word displays the Borders and Shading dialog box.
How do I get rid of double blue lines in Word?
Getting Rid of Blue Squiggly Underlines
- Display the Word Options dialog box. (In Word 2007 click the Office button and then click Word Options. ...
- Click Advanced at the left side of the dialog box. (See Figure 1.)
- In the Editing Options section, clear the Mark Formatting Inconsistencies check box.
- Click OK.
What do 2 Blue underlines mean in Word?
Automatic spelling and grammar checking. By default, Word automatically checks your document for spelling and grammar errors, so you may not even need to run a separate check. ... The blue line indicates a grammatical error, including misused words.
What do double blue underlines mean in Word?
Most commonly the double blue underline appears where there are two spaces between words instead of one. ... Right-click the underlined words to see what Word objects to. If you're uncertain about your grammar, don't rely only on the Editor feature, because it misses lots of obvious errors.
What are the blue things on my Word document?
Located in Microsoft Word's toolbar is a Show/Hide paragraph symbols button which can be used to have Word display or hide not only paragraph symbols but also most other formatting symbols used by Word (from symbols used for spaces and lines to those used for page breaks and Tab breaks).
Why are some words blue and underlined?
Blue squiggly underlines in Word indicate formatting inconsistencies. For example, some text in a paragraph might be formatted in a different font size than the rest of the paragraph (as shown in the image above).
What does the green underline mean in Word?
How do I get rid of green alignment in Word?
It really doesn't have anything to do with the inability to move the picture up beyond the bottom of the header area. If you don't want to see alignment guides, select a picture; on the Picture Tools ribbon tab, click the Align button, and click "Use Alignment Guides" to uncheck it.
How do you ignore all words in Word?
Check spelling all at once Under Suggestions, click the word that you want to use, and then click Change. Under Suggestions, click the word that you want to use, and then click Change All. Click Ignore Once. Click Ignore All.
How do you ignore all?
If a word has a red wavy line below it, meaning the spellchecker thinks it is misspelled, you can right-click on it and select "Ignore All." Then the wavy line goes away, for that occurrence and usually for all occurrences of that word in the document.
How do you prove documents?
17 Proofreading Techniques:
- Step Away, Then Focus. Whenever possible, step away from the document before proofreading. ...
- Print a Hard Copy Proof of Your Document. ...
- Read Aloud. ...
- Align With Company Style Standards. ...
- Remove Excess Words. ...
- Explain or Remove Jargon. ...
- Check Sentence Structure. ...
- Review Flow and Sequencing.
- How do I remove a hyphen?
- How do I jump to the end of a Word document?
- How do you remove hyphens in Word?
- How do you type the chevron symbol?
- How do you not hyphenate in Word?
- How do you make a hard hyphen in Word?
- How do you break a word without space in CSS?
- How do you turn on hyphenation in pages?
- How do you type a non-breaking hyphen?
- What is another word for sort out?
You will be interested
- How do you sort a panda series by index?
- How do you sort data in an array?
- How do you sort a dictionary by value in Python?
- What is the meaning of sort off?
- How do I find my bank sort code?
- What causes elbow pain without injury?
- How do you use order by?
- Why is my keyboard stuck in all caps?