What trick did the Mycenaean warriors use to win the Trojan War?
According to Quintus Smyrnaeus, Odysseus thought of building a great wooden horse (the horse being the emblem of Troy), hiding an elite force inside, and fooling the Trojans into wheeling the horse into the city as a trophy.
What war did the mycenaeans participate in?
the Persian Wars
Who fought in the Trojan War?
Trojan War, in Greek mythology, war between the Greeks and the people of Troy. The strife began after the Trojan prince Paris abducted Helen, wife of Menelaus of Sparta. When Menelaus demanded her return, the Trojans refused. Menelaus then persuaded his brother Agamemnon to lead an army against Troy.
Did Achilles want war?
Achilles announces his intention to go to war at once. Odysseus persuades him to let the army eat first, but Achilles himself refuses to eat until he has slain Hector.
Why did Troy kill Hector?
Achilles, distraught and wanting to avenge the death of his friend Patroclus, returns to the war and kills Hector. He drags Hector's body behind his chariot to the camp and then around the tomb of Patroclus.
Why is Hector better than Achilles?
From Cicero's framework, Hector was clearly the better man than Achilles. His actions in the Iliad are largely driven by what Cicero would see as morally good. He fights to keep his community intact, even if on the battlefield he, like all fighting men that Homer depicts, was not above brutality.
Why is Hector a hero?
Hector is portrayed as a very humane hero, he is affectionate to his wife and child, he defends his brother, fights in the war to defend Troy and only kills out of necessity of war without revelling in death. These actions help the audience feel sympathetic for Hector and even empathise with him.
What happened to Paris after Troy fell?
Menelaus easily defeats Paris, though Aphrodite spirits him away before Menelaus can finish the duel. Paris is returned to his bedchambers, where Aphrodite forces Helen to be with him. ... After Paris's death, his brother Deiphobus married Helen and was then killed by Menelaus in the sack of Troy.
- Which of the following differentiates Mycenaean culture from Minoan culture?
- How did the Mycenaean civilization start?
- What did the mycenaeans contribute to Greek culture?
- Did the mycenaeans have a written language?
- Is Mycenae a Troy?
- How do you get to the tomb of Ajax?
- What is the name of the writing system used by the Mycenaean civilization?
- Why are the walls of Mycenae called Cyclopean masonry?
- How were the Minoan and Mycenaean civilizations alike How were they different?
- What written language did the Mycenaeans have?
You will be interested
- Are Eclipse mints bad for you?
- What countries use mint?
- What do Mint countries have in common?
- Can you eat mints with Invisalign?
- What is the herb mint good for?
- Can you give a dog a mint?
- Are mint coins a good investment?
- Which mints are best for bad breath?
- What does mints mean in writing?
- How many calories are in a soft mint?