What is the point of a subscript?
Subscripts are commonly used in chemical formulas. A scientist would write the formula for water, H2O, so that the 2 appears lower and smaller than the letters on either side of it. That's what subscript is for, to set certain characters apart from others.
How do you insert a subscript in HTML?
The tag defines subscript text. Subscript text appears half a character below the normal line, and is sometimes rendered in a smaller font. Subscript text can be used for chemical formulas, like H2O. Tip: Use the tag to define superscripted text.
How do you type in a subscript?
Alternatively, you can find other keyboard apps on the Play Store that allows typing subscript.
- Open the text where you want to type subscript. ...
- Switch your keyboard to the Engineering Keyboard. ...
- Tap the nnn super/subscript icon on the bottom-left. ...
- Tap the subscript character you want to type.
How do you type a superscript on a website?
You can do this through the Font dialog box, but there is a much faster way. For superscript, simply press Ctrl + Shift + + (press and hold Ctrl and Shift, then press +). For subscript, press CTRL + = (press and hold Ctrl, then press =).
How do I select italics in Word?
Click the Format button, then select Font. Select Italic from the Font Style list in the Find Font dialog box, then click OK.
How do you cross out text on iPhone?
To cross out text using Pages, select any text within the app, tap the "Paintbrush" icon in the top menu, then tap the "Strike Through" button in the pop-up menu.
How do you underline a word in a text?
Select the text that you want to underline. Go to Home > Underline. Or press Ctrl+U.
What are the commands used to make bold and underline the text?
|Bold||Ctrl+B (Command+B for Macs)|
|Italics||Ctrl+I (Command+I for Macs)|
|Underline||Ctrl+U (Command+U for Macs)|
How are texts selected?
Select one character at a time by holding down the "Shift" key and and using either arrow key (right or left). Select an entire line of text by holding down the "Shift" key and pressing "End", if you are at the beginning of the line, or "Home" if you are at the end of the line.
What is the function of underline?
An underline is a section of text in a document where the words have a line running beneath them. For example, this text should be underlined. Underlined text is commonly used to help draw attention to text. Today, underlines are commonly used to represent a hyperlink on a web page.
What is difference between bold italic and underline?
Bold: It allows you to Bold the text of your document. Italic: It allows you to Italicize the text of your document. Underline: It allows you to underline the text of your document.
What is the function of bold?
Bold is used to highlight the text and capture the readers' attention. The bold tag is used for strong emphasis. When you feel like emphasizing something, you need to first consider using the italics, only use bold text if you are not satisfied by the emphasis the italics did to your text.
- What is difference between superscript and subscript?
- How do I put an image in a shape in Canva?
- What do subscripts and superscripts mean in chemistry?
- Can you do superscript in Canva?
- What is subscript and superscript with example?
- What is the meaning of superscript and subscript?
- How do you write superscript in CSS?
- What is subscript and superscript in Word?
- How do you superscript left in Word?
- What is superscript and subscript in chemistry?
You will be interested
- How do you do superscript 7?
- How do you put a superscript in an equation in Word?
- What is clear formatting in MS Word?
- How do you insert a subscript in Google Sheets?
- Can you modify a subscript?
- What is the purpose of superscript and subscript?
- How do you write subscripts and superscripts together in Word?
- How do you insert a symbol in Keynote?
- How do you insert a superscript in Word?
- How do you get the at symbol on a Mac?