Who is the greatest conqueror in history?
Who was the closest to taking over the world?
imo, islam did. In terms of direct domination, the British Empire was the largest one ever, seconded only by the Spanish Empire, Imperial Russia, the Muslim Empire and the Mongol Empire.
What was the longest lasting empire?
What are the longest-lasting empires, governments, or nations?
- The Pandyan Empire (1850 years) This society of Southern India is considered the longest-lasting empire in history. ...
- Byzantine Empire (1123 years) ...
- Silla (992 years) ...
- Ethiopian Empire (837 years) ...
- Roman Empire (499 years) ...
- San Marino (415+ years) ...
- Aboriginal Australian Cultures (50,000 years)
Why didn't Rome conquer Germany?
The Romans were able to "conquer" large parts of Germania, briefly. They were unable to HOLD it for any length of time. The reason stemmed from the region's "backwardness." There was no central government or central power through which the Romans could operate. There were no cities (except the ones the Romans built).
Why didn't Rome conquer Ireland?
The reason why the Romans never occupied Ireland may have been because they were already overextended, and so the political will was never there to add another faraway island to their Empire.
What did the Romans call the Irish?
Hibernia, in ancient geography, one of the names by which Ireland was known to Greek and Roman writers. Other names were Ierne, Iouernia and (H)iberio. All these are adaptations of a stem from which Erin and Eire are also derived.
Is the IRA still active in Ireland?
Small pockets of the Real IRA that did not merge with the New IRA continue to have a presence in Republic of Ireland, particularly in Cork and to a lesser extent in Dublin. The Continuity IRA, and the group often referred to as Óglaigh na hÉireann (ONH), remain independent as well.
Who was the IRA fighting against?
|Provisional Irish Republican Army|
|Opponents||United Kingdom British Army Royal Ulster Constabulary Ulster loyalist paramilitaries|
|Battles and wars||The Troubles|
Who is the leader of the IRA?
Michael McKevitt (4 September 1949 – 2 January 2021) was an Irish republican and paramilitary leader....
|Family||Bobby Sands (brother-in-law)|
|Allegiance||Provisional IRA Real IRA|
|Years of service||?–1997 (Provisional IRA) 1998–2002 (Real IRA)|
- What is cuneiform in Mesopotamia?
- Did Egypt or Mesopotamia come first?
- Were there ziggurats in Egypt?
- What was Mesopotamian art like?
- What were tablets in Mesopotamia?
- Who has the biggest empire in history?
- What are the three nicknames for Mesopotamia?
- What type of government system did the Mesopotamians have?
- What time period was Mesopotamia?
- What countries still have royalty?
You will be interested
- What happened in 3000 BC in Mesopotamia?
- What is the best country to live in?
- What does a metal oxide varistor do?
- What games did they play in Mesopotamia?
- Where is Sumeria now?
- What was the nickname given to Mesopotamia?
- Why did the Sumerians invent the wheel?
- Who started Mesopotamia?
- What makes an Arab an Arab?
- Is Mesopotamia and Babylon the same thing?