What does the word lavish means?
1 : expending or bestowing profusely : prodigal lavish donors lavish in giving praise to her employees. 2a : expended or produced in abundance the lavish attentions of his mother— George Meredith.
What is a lavish dinner?
a meal that is well prepared and greatly enjoyed; "a banquet for the graduating seniors"; "the Thanksgiving feast"; "they put out quite a spread" a ceremonial dinner party for many people.
How do you use the word lavish?
Then again, maybe she would enjoy a more lavish lifestyle. Never would she have guessed such a lavish home existed in these rustic mountains. The treasury was exhausted by lavish expenditure on gladiatorial and wild beast combats and on the soldiery, and the property of the wealthy was confiscated.
Does lavish mean delicious?
Delicious adjective – Very pleasing to the sense of taste. ... In some cases you can use "Lavish" instead an adjective "Delicious".
What is another word for delicious food?
SYNONYMS FOR delicious 1 palatable, savory, delectable, dainty, delicate.
How do you express something tasty?
How's It Taste?
- Tastes great! Eating something delicious right now? ...
- Really good! Here's something else you could say instead of delicious. ...
- Wow, [this food] is amazing! ...
- Yummy. ...
- Flavorful. ...
- Mouth-watering. ...
- This [food] is too [flavor] for me/for my taste. ...
- It could use a little more/less…
How do you compliment a delicious food?
- The dish you prepared is delicious.
- This soup is very tasty.
- You're a fantastic cook.
- Did you make this from scratch?
- You've got to give me the recipe for this chicken dish!
- The cherry pie is out of this world. “Out of this world” means VERY good, incredible, wonderful.
- That was delicious. My compliments to the chef!
How do you appreciate tasty food?
When we want to recognise the person that prepared the meal, we can say: The meal tonight was very tasty. You've done a great job. Thanks very much, you cooked that meal to perfection....What to say after a meal
- The lunch was outstanding!
- We had a great time, thank you.
- Thank you for having us. We loved the dinner.
Can we say very delicious?
It's incorrect to say "very delicious" although you use it. Some adjectives refer to qualities which are gradable – we can have more or less of them. For example, people can be more or less interesting or old; jobs can be more or less difficult.
What is the most yummy food?
The world's most delicious food is not Massaman curry, as we suggested, but a meaty, spicy, gingery dish from west Sumatra....Bon appetit.
- Rendang, Indonesia.
- Nasi goreng, Indonesia. ...
- Sushi, Japan. ...
- Tom yam goong, Thailand. ...
- Pad thai, Thailand. ...
- Som tam (Papaya salad), Thailand. ...
- Dim sum, Hong Kong. ...
What is another word for tasty?
SYNONYMS FOR tasty 1 delicious, delectable, toothsome, appetizing.
What does yummy mean in slang?
What is a yummy person?
noun [countable] young urban male: a professional man under 30 who is interested in fashionable appearance and is likely to spend money on expensive goods. 'According to HSBC, Yummies … are reshaping the retail landscape for luxury goods, thanks to their vanity and penchant for trend-chasing.'
What does it mean when a guy says you look yummy?
He could be saying it sexually. Such as some men say they want to “eat you out”, So he might want to know if that is one of your sexual desires. And finding you “yummy” He could simply be saying you taste good to him. Or he could simply just saying it and being goofy.
How do you say delicious in slang?
- "delicious". That dinner was delish. ...
- beautiful, good enough to eat, sexy. "The new Corvette is delish." "JLo is so delish!" ...
- 'Oh, yeah, he/she was quite the delish dish'. Meaning: said person is delightfully 'sweet' and sumptuous in the bedroom---veritably delicious.
How do you describe food?
Here are some words that are commonly used to describe food:
- Acidic: A food with a sharp taste. ...
- Bitter: A tart, sharp, and sometimes harsh flavor.
- Bittersweet: A less harsh taste than bitterness. ...
- Briny: Another word for salty.
- Citrusy: A bright flavor like that of lemons, limes, oranges, and other citrus fruits.
How do you describe good food?
Good food means that it enhances the condition of is consumers and growers; its production maintains the health of the environment while generating a profit for the grower. These three conditions, people/society, environment and profit are also referred to as the triple bottom line.
What does it mean when someone says you look delicious?
This is bold flattery that means "You look beautiful". It might sound too forward to some people, but others would be delighted to hear it. Last edited: .
What do you reply when someone says yummy?
You could say "How nice" or "Looks good" or "We should eat there together some time."
What does it mean when a guy says you look sweet?
When a guy says you're cute, it means he noticed your good nature and probably thinks you are calm, composed and charming. It also means you handle issues in an orderly way. Good-natured girls tend to be gentle, relaxed, and supportive, which makes you very attractive in his eyes.
Is Odorific a word?
adjective. That has or emits a smell; = "odoriferous".
What is odoriferous mean?
1 : yielding an odor : odorous. 2 : morally offensive odoriferous legislation.
How do you spell odoriferous?
Odoriferous is made up of the word odor, meaning smell and the Latin ferre meaning "to carry." Something that's odoriferous certainly carries a smell whether it's onions or roses or a pile of dog poop.
What does withered mean?
1 : to become dry and sapless especially : to shrivel from or as if from loss of bodily moisture. 2 : to lose vitality, force, or freshness public support for the bill is withering. transitive verb. 1 : to cause to wither. 2 : to make speechless or incapable of action : stun withered him with a look— Dorothy Sayers.
What are odoriferous substances?
organic compounds with characteristic pleasant odors used in the manufacture of various perfume and cosmetic goods, soaps, synthetic washing preparations, and food products. Odoriferous substances are abundant in nature.
What is another word for sardonic?
Some common synonyms of sardonic are ironic, sarcastic, and satiric.
- What is the fanciest food?
- What is the best brand of nail dipping powder?
- What does it mean to lavish someone?
- What does Lavis mean?
- What is the meaning of definition in Marathi?
- Is lavish a rare emote?
- Who is the original singer of Feliz Navidad?
- How do I live a lavish life?
- What is the most luxurious hotel?
- What does the name Claver mean?
You will be interested
- How do you get lavos in Warframe?
- What is the most popular Pinot Grigio?
- Where is lavish in KKH?
- Is Trento Italy safe?
- How much does it cost to build a carriage house in Kelowna?
- Why are Levi jeans so expensive?
- What is Lavasioth weak to?
- What is offscreen canvas?
- Can you sell a laneway house Vancouver?
- What is difference between NPM and NPX?