What is the meaning of cholera?
Cholera: An infectious disease characterized by intense vomiting and profuse watery diarrhea and that rapidly leads to dehydration and often death. Cholera is caused by infection with the bacteria Vibrio cholerae, which may be transmitted via infected fecal matter, food, or water.
What does cholera epidemic mean?
Medical definitions for cholera An acute epidemic infectious disease caused by Vibrio cholerae, characterized by profuse watery diarrhea, extreme loss of fluid and electrolytes, and prostration. Any of various diseases of domesticated animals marked by severe gastroenteritis.
What is the longest running pandemic?
How effective is cholera vaccine?
Cholera vaccines are vaccines that are effective at preventing cholera. For the first six months after vaccination they provide about 85 percent protection, which decreases to 50 percent or 62 percent during the first year. After two years the level of protection decreases to less than 50 percent.
Does tuberculosis have a vaccine?
Bacille Calmette-Guérin (BCG) is a vaccine for tuberculosis (TB) disease. This vaccine is not widely used in the United States, but it is often given to infants and small children in other countries where TB is common.
What ended Ebola?
World's second-deadliest Ebola outbreak ends in Democratic Republic of the Congo. The epidemic killed more than 2,000 people — but involved the first widespread use of a vaccine against the virus.
How long did Ebola pandemic last?
In Guinea, the first end of outbreak declaration was in December 2015, but additional cases were discovered in March and April of 2016. Guinea was finally declared Ebola-free in June 2016.  Two and a half years after the first case was discovered, the outbreak ended with more than 28,600 cases and 11,325 deaths.
- When was cholera vaccine invented?
- What are the stages of cholera?
- What tests are done to diagnose cholera?
- Is react JS difficult?
- What caused the cholera outbreak in 1854?
- What is another name for cholera?
- Apa yang dimaksud dengan penyakit kolera?
- What was the cause of the cholera outbreak in London in 1854?
- Is cholera a pandemic?
- What is Node canvas?
You will be interested
- What is Kali the goddess of?
- Is Mitama good?
- What causes cholera in water?
- What is Kali Linux default password?
- What caused cholera outbreak 1854?
- Can you put a prescription in any chemist?
- How is cholera transmitted from one person to another?
- Kolera tuvaletten bulaşır mı?
- What is the meaning of jonquil?
- What do jonquils represent?