How do you use ivory in a sentence?
Use “ivory” in a sentence | “ivory” sentence examples
- My shirt is more ivory colour than white.
- They don't really, in their ivory towers, understand how pernicious drug crime is.
- The beads were carved from solid ivory.
- He showed him how to blow into the ivory mouthpiece.
- The EU is demanding an end to the ivory trade.
- The ivory industry employed about a thousand carvers.
What is the plural of ivory?
ivory /ˈaɪvəri/ noun. plural ivories.
How do you use spellbound in a sentence?
1 The children were spellbound by the circus performance. 2 The children listened to the story spellbound. 3 The crowd was held spellbound by her oratory. 4 She sat there motionless,(www.Sentencedict.com) as if spellbound.
What spell means?
Definition of spell (Entry 2 of 5) 1a : a spoken word or form of words held to have magic power. b : a state of enchantment. 2 : a strong compelling influence or attraction. spell.
What is the meaning of engrossed?
verb (used with object) to occupy completely, as the mind or attention; absorb: Their discussion engrossed his attention. She is engrossed in her work. to write or copy in a clear, attractive, large script or in a formal manner, as a public document or record: to engross a deed.
What is engrossed bill?
engrossed bill - The official copy of a bill or joint resolution passed by the Senate and certified by the secretary of the Senate.
What do you call a person who is focused?
The word "concentrate" comes closest to the meaning you pose - verb (to concentrate), noun (concentration), adj/adv (concentrated/ly). You call them a person who can concentrate on a thing... https://www.thefreedictionary.com/concentrate.
How do you use engross in a sentence?
Use “engross” in a sentence | “engross” sentence examples
- She was so engrossed by/in the book that she forgot the cakes in the oven.
- Engrossed in his book he forgot the time.
- He seemed completely engrossed in his book.
- The scene was stunning, and for a time engrossed all our attention.
- Dad was engrossed in the paper.TranslateEN.com.
What part of speech is engross?
How do you use the word engrossed?
Engrossed sentence example
- Carmen and Felipa were engrossed in feeding the twins. ...
- He was examining the plan, evidently engrossed in his own ideas. ...
- Engrossed in discussion, the two men didn't notice her cross the kitchen to the entrance. ...
- Pierre, evidently engrossed in thought, could not at first understand him.
What is the synonym of engrossed?
clothed, cloaked, captive, mantled, absorbed, enwrapped, confined, wrapped, jailed, imprisoned, intent, draped. Antonyms: spoken, inattentive. engrossed(adj)
What is the nearest in meaning of engrossed?
(Entry 1 of 2) having the mind fixed on something. I was too engrossed in the book to notice the time.
What's another word for unexplainable?
In this page you can discover 5 synonyms, antonyms, idiomatic expressions, and related words for unexplainable, like: inexplicable, unaccountable, unexplained, unfathomable and explain.
What is the synonyms of Occupy?
In this page you can discover 79 synonyms, antonyms, idiomatic expressions, and related words for occupy, like: hold, maintain, own, take over, invade, keep, engross, populate, immerse, involve and used.
What occupy means?
1 : to engage the attention or energies of They occupied themselves with video games. 2a : to take up (a place or extent in space) this chair is occupied the fireplace will occupy this corner of the room. b : to take or fill (an extent in time) the hobby occupies all of my free time.
What absorb means?
To absorb is to take in or suck up like a sponge. If you don't hear your mother calling because you are reading, you could say you were absorbed in the book. ... The word, absorbent, describes something that is capable of absorbing something else.
What hold means?
to have or keep in the hand; keep fast; grasp: She held the purse in her right hand. He held the child's hand in his. to set aside; reserve or retain: to hold merchandise until called for; to hold a reservation. to bear, sustain, or support, as with the hands or arms, or by any other means.
What is difference between held and hold?
Simple past tense and past participle of hold. The definition of held is the past tense of hold. An example of held is a hand that was taken by another's hand, it was held. Hold.
Is holded correct?
(nonstandard) Simple past tense and past participle of hold.
Is held present tense?
Word forms: 3rd person singular present tense holds , present participle holding , past tense, past participle held Hold is often used to indicate that someone or something has the particular thing, characteristic, or attitude that is mentioned.
Is it held or had?
“Has held” is present perfect tense and denotes an action in an indefinite time which may continue. “He has held the office of mayor.” “Had held” is past perfect denoting an action in the past that is completed. “He had held the office of mayor, but was impeached.”
Will be held or will be held?
Try looking up hold in the dictionary (sense 8). “Will be held” is simply the future passive (we will hold the meeting -> the meeting will be held by us). When we think of the word held, we tend to think about literal/actual arms or hands holding something. "I held her in my arms as she wept."
What is the present tense of fight?
Conjugation of 'Fight'
|Base Form (Infinitive):||Fight|
|3rd Person Singular:||Fights|
What is the past tense of forget?
Past Tense of Forget
What is the past tense of meet?
- Is Ivory a girl or boy name?
- Is the ivory king ultra greatsword any good?
- Why does she find it hard to pull the ivory needle?
- What is the meaning of the word ivory?
- Can I sell my ivory necklace?
- How do British pronounce literally?
- How can you tell real ivory?
- Where is Ivory Rogers from?
- Is Pyrocynical a child groomer?
- Is Ivory Paper Co black owned?
You will be interested
- Is Acadia White the same as ivory white?
- Is Ivory laundry detergent good?
- Is Ivory a shade of white?
- Is ivory or white better for a wedding dress?
- Is Ivory a type of wood?
- Is Ivory a warm color?
- Is Lisa Moretti married?
- What color curtains go best with white walls?
- What is the most popular yellow paint color?
- Which quartz is the whitest?