What is filigree earrings?
Filigree is a delicate embellishment in which fine, pliable threads of precious metal are twisted or curled into a design and then soldered onto (or into) the jewelry. These designs can take the shape of gorgeous scroll-work, lacy flourishes, symmetrical Art-Deco style designs, and other fascinating motifs.
What is a filigree basket?
In chapter 23, Lucy and Elinor work on a “fillagree basket” for little Annamaria. Filigree is a rolled paper design, very time consuming to produce, fragile and thus, extravagant for a 3-year old who would likely ruin them in very little time.
What does defiantly mean?
: in a defiant manner : in a way that is full of or shows a disposition to challenge, resist, or fight She spoke out defiantly against the proposed law.
What oxen means?
An ox (plural oxen), also known as a bullock in Australia and India, is a bovine trained as a draft animal. Oxen are commonly castrated adult male cattle; castration makes the animals easier to control. Cows (adult females) or bulls (intact males) may also be used in some areas.
What does vague mean?
not clearly expressed
What is an example of a vague statement?
Vague and ambiguous words lead to the most common types of verbal disagreement. Vagueness refers to a lack of clarity in meaning. ... Another example: The stool is in the garden is ambiguous because stool could mean poop or chair. Exercise 1: Explain why these statements are vague.
What is a vague topic?
indefinite or indistinct in nature or character, as ideas or feelings: a vague premonition of disaster. not clear or distinct to the sight or any other sense; perceptible or recognizable only in an indefinite way: vague shapes in the dark;vague murmurs behind a door.
Can people be vague?
A person who is vague is not able or does not wish to state, describe, or explain something clearly: Officials were vague about the ship's location.
Is everyone a vague word?
Nouns that are broad and undefined fall into the vague category. These are words like stuff, things, people, everyone, no one, guys, girls, men, women, kids, animals, them, they, etc.
What's another word for vague?
Some common synonyms of vague are ambiguous, cryptic, dark, enigmatic, equivocal, and obscure. While all these words mean "not clearly understandable," vague implies a lack of clear formulation due to inadequate conception or consideration.
What is the opposite of vague?
vague. Antonyms: apparent, clear, diaphanous, distinct, evident, explicit, intelligible, limpid, lucid, manifest, obvious, pellucid, perspicuous, plain, straightforward, translucent, transparent, unadorned, unambiguous, unequivocal, unmistakable.
What is the opposite of permanent?
Temporary is an antonym for permanent. An antonym is a word that means the opposite. Since permanent means lasting for a long time or indefinitely,...
What is the opposite of disarm?
Near Antonyms for disarming. equipping, reequipping. (or re-equipping), weaponing.
What is the opposite of respect?
Antonyms for respect neglect, criticism, disregard, bad manners, disdain, disrespect, dishonor, disfavor, ignorance.
What's a better word for respect?
What is another word for respect?
What is another word for lack of respect?
Disrespectful words and actions are rude and show a lack of respect. If you want to "dis" someone, be disrespectful towards them.
How do you teach students to respect?
How To Teach Respect
- Stay calm and don't overreact when you “think” your child is being disrespectful. ...
- Identify the cause for disrespect and focus on teaching problem-solving alternatives. ...
- Model how to be respectful by respecting your kids first. ...
- Use kind and firm discipline to teach, not to punish.
- How much water do you add to a 60 lb bag of quikrete?
- What does a filigree ring mean?
- What is filigree Jewellery?
- What weight can an acrow prop take?
- Is there a hosta that can tolerate sun?
- How much does it cost to Reshank a gold ring?
- What is filigree jewelry?
- What is the meaning of filigree?
- What is metal filigree?
- What is a filigree necklace?
You will be interested
- How do I tell what year my Zippo is?
- What tattoo signifies strength?
- Are old diamond rings worth anything?
- How did flappers wear their hair?
- What is a better word for magnificent?
- What does Phidias mean?
- What should I wear to a 1920s themed party?
- How do you clean old pins?
- How much is sterling silver 925 worth?
- What is filigree construction?