How small is an asbestos fiber?
Asbestos is a naturally occurring family of fibrous minerals found in certain types of rock formations. These minerals are made-up of long, thin fibers that vary in length and may be straight or curled. The typical size of asbestos fibers is 0.
What is the particle size of asbestos?
There are 25,400 microns in an inch.
What do you get from asbestos?
Asbestosis (as-bes-TOE-sis) is a chronic lung disease caused by inhaling asbestos fibers. Prolonged exposure to these fibers can cause lung tissue scarring and shortness of breath. Asbestosis symptoms can range from mild to severe, and usually don't appear until many years after continued exposure./span>
Is Mesothelioma always caused by asbestos exposure?
It can take 20 to 60 years or more for mesothelioma to develop after asbestos exposure. Most people with asbestos exposure never develop mesothelioma. This indicates that other factors may be involved in determining whether someone gets mesothelioma./span>
Is there a blood test for asbestos exposure?
12, 2005 -- A blood test could help screen for pleural mesothelioma, an asbestos-related cancer, a new study shows. The test checks blood levels of a protein called osteopontin. Blood osteopontin levels "rise dramatically" in the early stages of pleural mesothelioma, says researcher Harvey Pass, MD, in a news release./span>
- Are clay pots good for cooking?
- What color is chrysotile?
- What is the empirical formula of chrysotile asbestos?
- Will Klay Thompson return this season?
- What is asbestos packing?
- Is it safe to walk on asbestos floor tiles?
- How do you deal with asbestos in Artex?
- What Clay is best for earrings?
- How do you know if you've inhaled asbestos?
- What type of soil is most fertile?
You will be interested
- Is serpentine stone dangerous?
- Is Tiger Eye dangerous to wear?
- What is serpentine energy?
- What kind of rock is serpentine?
- Can you sue for exposure to asbestos?
- How do you make a unicorn horn out of clay?
- What kind of tile has asbestos?
- How is mesothelioma diagnosed?
- Who is Clay virtue off of the 100?
- How do you find the molecular formula?