What does steeple mean?
What does steeple mean?
: a tall structure usually having a small spire at the top and surmounting a church tower broadly : a whole church tower.
What is the top of a steeple called?
A spire is a tall, slender, pointed structure on top of a roof or tower, especially at the summit of church steeples. ... Small or short spires are known as spikes, spirelets, or flèches.
What is the difference between a spire and a steeple?
As nouns the difference between spire and steeple is that spire is or spire can be one of the sinuous foldings of a serpent or other reptile; a coil while steeple is a tall tower, often on a church, normally topped with a spire.
What is the tall part of a church called?
What is the point of a steeple on a church?
Steeples are commonly seen on Christian churches because they enhance the lines of the building and create an aesthetically pleasing effect.
What religion goes to chapel?
A chapel is a Christian place of prayer and worship that is usually relatively small, and is distinguished from a church. The term has several senses. Firstly, smaller spaces inside a church that have their own altar are often called chapels; the Lady chapel is a common type of these.
Why is St Peter's Basilica important in Christianity?
It has been described as "holding a unique position in the Christian world" and as "the greatest of all churches of Christendom". Catholic tradition holds that the basilica is the burial site of Saint Peter, chief among Jesus's apostles and also the first Bishop of Rome (Pope).
- Does crushed rock absorb water?
- How deep should a patio crushed stone be?
- How much does a crushed stone driveway cost?
- What's the difference between gravel and crushed stone?
- What is crushed stone base?
- Does Home Depot sell crushed stone?
- Does Lowes sell bags of gravel?
- What is crushed gravel called?
- What do you do with a tray ceiling?
- How much does a cubic yard of crushed stone cost?
You will be interested
- Are stones good mulch?
- How much does it cost to put in a new driveway?
- Can you put a hot tub on a gravel base?
- What is the best way to keep water away from foundation?
- What is the density of crushed stone?
- What are screenings gravel?
- What is the trim under a window sill called?
- What is stone chips?
- How do you crush stones for inlays?
- What is the best gravel for landscaping?