How high can you build a boundary wall?
You will need to apply for planning permission if you wish to erect or add to a fence, wall or gate where: it would be over 1 metre high and fronting a road used by vehicles (or the footpath of such a road) or over 2 metres high elsewhere.
How do you secretly kill a Neighbours tree?
Use the hole saw to cut a small “Cork” out of the trunk, then drill deep into the trunk with the long 10mm drill bit, mix the copper sulphate crystals with some water to form a runny paste, like ketchup. Pour this down the hole, replace the bung and repeat a few times round the stump.
How do you kill leylandii trees?
1. To kill a tree undetected, drive copper rods or nails into the base of the tree to the heart. The copper sets up a negative electrical potential with the ground, inhibiting the rising sap and the tress dies over a few weeks.
Do birds nest in leylandii?
Many birds utilise Leylandii for nesting as they offer good shelter for their nests. ... Before beginning any cutting work, the Leylandii should be thoroughly checked for active birds nests. Old or abandoned nests have no legal protection but it is important to be 100% sure they are no longer in use.
What time of year do leylandii grow?
When is the best time to plant leylandii and other evergreen shrubs? The best time to plant is between September and March but container-grown plants can be planted at any time of year provided they are given sufficient water.
Can I cut my Neighbours leylandii?
If part of the Leylandii hedge grows over the boundary (foliage or roots), owners of the neighbouring property have the right to cut it back to the boundary. ... If a hedge is dangerous or obstructs a public path or pavement, your local council can take action to force you to trim it back.
Are there different types of leylandii?
Some of best clones were given proper names such as “Leighton Green”, “Haggerston Grey” and “Naylors Blue”. The different types of Leylandii are also often called “cultivars”.
What is the best evergreen hedge for privacy?
If you need privacy in your garden as fast as possible without the wait, Leyland Cypress hedging is the best choice for you. This is a lovely conifer with lush, scale-like foliage that grows densely enough to give you the seclusion you require. A leylandii evergreen hedge will grow between 75 and 90 cm a year.
What do leylandii look like?
This foliage consists of scaly, over-lapping leaves in flat sprays. The tree also produces ball-shaped brown cones, which on male plants have yellow tips at the end. The two most common variants of Leylandii are Green and Golden. Of these, the green variant is the most common.
What can I plant for a privacy hedge?
Can I plant a hedge on my boundary?
You do not usually need to obtain permission to plant a hedge in your garden if it is solely within your property's boundary. However, you do need to obtain permission from your next door neighbour if you're considering planting a hedge to separate the adjoining properties right on the boundary line.
- Whats bigger 1 24 or 1/18 scale?
- What is transit hub Australia?
- What is example of nature?
- Is Google meet and Google Hangout the same?
- Can you fix water damaged laminate?
- Why did you choose to study in London?
- Does no credit affect GPA Sfsu?
- How do you sneak into a houseparty on a Mac?
- What celebrities live in Marin County?
- What temperature should potatoes be transported?
You will be interested
- Are Warhammer models plastic or resin?
- Are there any ancient ruins in the US?
- Why is it important to reduce embodied energy?
- What are the 4 basic colors?
- What are hospital rooms called?
- What was Captain James Stirling early life like?
- Should you kill Grayson cyberpunk?
- How do you design ergonomical computer in the workplace?
- What can I do with my old DLP TV?
- What are 4 examples of technology?