How do I know how much fill dirt I need?
Length in feet x Width in feet x Depth in feet (inches divided by 12). Take the total and divide by 27 (the amount of cubic feet in a yard). The final figure will be the estimated amount of cubic yards required.
How much is a roll of sod at Home Depot?
How do I get rid of an existing lawn?
If your lawn is really small, shovels and a mattock may do the trick. Otherwise, rent a sod-cutter to shave off the top grass evenly and a rototiller to create optimum soil. Get rid of the old turf debris. Use shovels and garden rakes to remove what the sod-cutter can't reach.
Do I fertilize before laying sod?
1Fertilize the soil. Before you begin laying the sod, apply fertilizer to the entire area after the final leveling. No need to rake the fertilizer into the soil — you lay the sod right on top of it.
How do you level a hard ground?
Rake the area to further level the ground. Move the rake forward and backwards over the land, spreading the soil evenly across the area of the plot. Use the teeth of the rake to break up any clumps that remain. Use the back of the rake to level areas that are particularly uneven.
How do you level the hillside yard?
You can make a sloping property more functional by cutting away a portion of a hill and installing a retaining wall to hold back the soil. This is a great opportunity to create a dedicated planting area behind and along the retaining wall, while reclaiming a portion of your yard for an expanse of grass on level ground.
What to do with a backyard that slopes down?
- Add a Deck. Constructing a deck over a steep downward slope affords level space for entertaining and great views of a garden. ...
- Build a Banked Border. ...
- Design Terraces Around Different Themes. ...
- Plant a Living Mural. ...
- Keep Plantings Loose and Low-Maintenance. ...
- Install a Rail. ...
- Create Zones. ...
- Lay a Feature Path.
- How can I make my dirt settle faster?
- Can I grow grass on fill dirt?
- What's at the bottom of sinkholes?
- Is there a difference between topsoil and dirt?
- Where can I buy dirt in OKC?
- Will grass seed grow if not covered?
- Can you use sand as fill dirt?
- How much is a ton of dirt?
- Where can I buy sand in Knoxville TN?
- How do you attach OSB to concrete?
You will be interested
- How much is a pickup truck full of dirt?
- Does HardieDeck get hot?
- What are the best hole saws?
- How much does dirt cost for a house pad?
- How much does a truck load of dirt cover?
- Do you scarify before or after cutting grass?
- Why do golf courses use sand to fill divots?
- How long does it take to dig a pond?
- Is Hardie board eco friendly?
- Can you use topsoil for fill dirt?