How do you attach OSB to concrete?
Put PT 2x4s down flat and then screw the OSB to it. Drilling into the concrete could cause water seeping in and your floor is probably not level so you can shim the sleepers. Also put some hard foam insulation between them. It will help keep the shop warm.
Can you lay plywood on concrete?
If you're installing plywood over an existing dry concrete floor, you shouldn't have any problem. However, a new concrete floor contains a lot of moisture. So, you need to allow it to cure for at least 60 days before even bothering to check the moisture level.
Do you need a subfloor on concrete?
While a subfloor is not necessary to add structural strength when you'll be laying finish flooring on top of a concrete slab (as in a basement remodel), subflooring over concrete offers two other advantages: ... A subfloor will help insulate against a concrete floor that becomes overly cold in winter.
What is under a subfloor?
Underlayment is the third layer, residing just above the subfloor. While a subfloor provides structural support, the underlayment serves as a sound barrier and can protect your flooring from moisture and heat. ... Underlayment can help protect laminate from moisture that may rise from below.
Is mold under flooring dangerous?
Allowing moisture to have its way to your hardwood floor can be very harmful. It will cause your hardwood to twist, warp and rot over time.
- How much does it cost to have soil delivered?
- How do you get rid of fill dirt?
- What does clean fill dirt mean?
- How much dirt do I need for a 4x8 raised bed?
- Is Milton FL safe?
- How much does it cost to fill a hole with dirt?
- How much is a pickup truck full of dirt?
- Can you use cardboard to stop weeds?
- Can you use topsoil for fill dirt?
- How long does it take to dig a pond?
You will be interested
- How do you add dirt to a level yard?
- Is Fill Dirt Clay?
- How much does a truck load of dirt cover?
- How do I keep my roof from heating in the sun?
- Can you cut concrete with a jigsaw?
- Is MDF a fibreboard?
- Should I PVA plasterboard before tiling?
- What can I use to fill under concrete?
- Where can I buy soil in San Diego?
- Is Hardie board eco friendly?