How do I get rid of the question mark icon on my Mac?
If an app's icon is in the Dock and you delete the app from your Mac, the icon remains in the Dock but is covered by a question mark. Remove the question mark icon: Drag the icon out of the Dock until you see Remove.
How do I fix a Mac startup problem?
On a Mac laptop:
- Shut down the MacBook.
- Unplug and then reconnect the power cable.
- Press Shift + Ctrl + Option/Alt keys and the power button at the same time.
- Now release all those keys and the power button at the same time.
- You may see the light on the power cable flicker.
- Restart your MacBook.
How do you make a question mark on a Mac?
If your Mac starts up to a question mark
- Press and hold the power button on your Mac for up to 10 seconds, until your Mac turns off.
- Turn on your Mac and immediately press and hold Command (⌘) and R to start up from macOS Recovery.
- While in macOS Recovery, use Disk Utility to repair your startup disk.
Why can't I use the question mark on my keyboard?
Find yourself typing away and go to hit the Question Mark and have É instead? press CTRL+SHIFT (press CTRL first and while holding press SHIFT, sometimes you have to do it twice in a row to disable.)
What is Recovery Assistant on Mac?
The OS X Recovery Disk Assistant lets you create OS X Recovery on an external drive that has all of the same capabilities as the built-in OS X Recovery: reinstall Lion or Mountain Lion, repair the disk using Disk Utility, restore from a Time Machine backup, or browse the web with Safari./span>
How do I restore my MacBook Pro 2011 to factory settings without CD?
How to Reset a MacBook Pro to Factory Settings Without a Disc
- Set the MacBook Pro to restart. Hold down the “Command” and “R” keys when the gray screen appears during the boot process. ...
- Select “Disk Utility” from the next screen and click “Continue.” Choose your hard drive in the list and click “Erase.”
- Click the “Mac OS Extended (Journaled)” option in the new dialog.
How do I restore my Mac to factory settings without a disk?
Select the "Erase Tab," set the "Format:" value to "Mac OS Extended (Journaled)" and then click the "Erase" button. Quit the "Disk Utility" tool when the hard drive format is complete. Choose the "install Mac OS X" option from the menu and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the factory reset./span>
How do I restore my Mac without reinstalling operating system?
- Click the Apple menu and select "Restart." Hold down "Command-R" while your Mac restarts.
- Choose a network from the "Wi-Fi" menu to connect to the Internet when the Recovery Console launches.
- Select the "Disk Utility" option and click "Continue."
- Click on your hard drive and select the "Erase" tab.
How do I restore my Mac without recovery mode?
To reset the PRAM, restart your Mac while holding down the 'Command+Option+P+R' keys until you hear the startup chime for a second time. Once your Mac has booted, try re-running the 'diskutil list' Terminal command, to see whether this has resolved the issue.
How do I reset my MacBook Air to factory settings 2015?
How to Reset MacBook Air: Performing a Factory Reset
- Click Disk Utility.
- Click Continue.
- Click View > Show All Devices.
- Select your hard drive (e.g. "APPLE SSD") and click Erase.
- In the Format field, choose the APFS option if you're running macOS High Sierra or later. ...
- Click Erase.
How do I reset a MacBook 12?
How to reset a MacBook Air or MacBook Pro
- Hold down the Command and R keys on the keyboard and turn on the Mac. ...
- Select your language and continue.
- Choose Disk Utility and click continue.
- Choose your startup disk (named Macintosh HD by default) from the sidebar and click the Erase button.
How do I reset my MacBook Air to sell?
Reset NVRAM Shut down your Mac, then turn it on and immediately press and hold these four keys together: Option, Command, P, and R. Release the keys after about 20 seconds. This clears user settings from memory and restores certain security features that might have been altered./span>
How do I factory reset my MacBook Air 2013?
Restart the computer and after the chime press and hold down the COMMAND-OPTION- R keys until a globe appears on the screen. Wait patiently - 15-20 minutes - until the Recovery main menu appears. Partition and Format the hard drive: Select Disk Utility from the main menu and click on the Continue button./span>
How do I factory reset my macbook air without logging in?
First you'll need to turn off your Mac. Then press the power button and immediately hold down the Control and R keys until you see the Apple logo or spinning globe icon. Release the keys and shortly afterwards you should see the macOS Utilities window appear./span>
How do I reset a Macbook Air 2020?
On your Mac, choose Apple menu > Restart.
What do you do when your MacBook trackpad stops working?
Your device isn't recognized by your Mac
- Make sure that your wireless mouse, keyboard, or trackpad is turned on. ...
- Make sure that your device has been set up to work with your Mac. ...
- Make sure that Bluetooth is turned on. ...
- Make sure that your devices are charged. ...
- Turn the device off and on.
How do I factory reset my MacBook Air 2012?
If you're selling or giving away your Mac
- Turn on or restart your MacBook and hold down the Option+Command (⌘)+ R keys.
- When you see the Apple logo, release.
- Once you see the Utilities window, the startup is completed.
- Choose Disk Utility from the Recovery Menu options.
- Locate your startup drive(s) from the sidebar.
How do you fix an unresponsive trackpad on a MacBook Pro?
There are six key ways to diagnose and fix an unresponsive trackpad on your Mac....Disable force click
- Select the Apple logo at the top left corner of the Mac menu bar.
- Select “System Preferences”
- Select “Trackpad”
- Under the “Point & Click” heading, toggle the “Force Click and haptic feedback” off.
- When should you flash your headlights at other users?
- How do I fix a black screen with blinking underscore?
- What does it mean when a USB is flashing?
- What causes flashing and cavitation in control valve?
- Can zip tape be used for window flashing?
- What song does all of the lights sample?
- Can I put flashing lights on my car?
- How do I burn Ubuntu to a flash drive?
- How do I fix the blinking light on my Vizio TV?
- Why do my AirPods keep blinking white?
You will be interested
- How long does it take to recover from a tummy tuck with muscle repair?
- What is the difference between coping and flashing?
- What is vent pipe flashing?
- Why is my Xbox power button blinking?
- Why is my internet light blinking red?
- What does the flashing key light mean?
- Why is the X on my Xbox controller flashing?
- Why did my Christmas lights start blinking?
- How do you treat ocular migraines?
- Is there a location Emoji?