What is the best flooring to put on a concrete slab?
Ceramic tile is the designer's choice, with tons of colors and styles. It's unaffected by moisture and goes directly onto concrete that's smooth and free of cracks. Vinyl tile and sheet flooring also goes directly over prepared concrete and will withstand even minor flooding with no ill effect.
Can you caulk a floating floor?
expansion gaps at the walls and fixtures, and then fill the gaps at flooring ends with 100 percent silicone caulk. ... It stays flexible, allowing the floor to expand, and in the event of a spill, prevents water from soaking into the laminate core.
How often should you remodel a bathroom?
four to five years
How long should a bathroom remodel last?
Assuming no work is done on weekends, this translates to about 4 1/2 weeks—slightly more than one month—if the work proceeds uniformly with no breaks. In the real world, where downtime or unexpected circumstances invariably arise, it could be about double that—46 days, or about 9 weeks.
How often do you clean your bathrooms?
Once a week at least. Tetro says your bathroom is the ultimate bacteria host; E. coli can be found within six feet of the toilet and in the sink. To keep it at bay, disinfect the toilet and sink at least once weekly, and the bathtub every two weeks — more if you shower often.
How often should you mop your floors?
Any high-traffic areas in your home should be wet mopped once a week. Rooms in your home that are not frequently used—such as a guest room—do not need to be mopped weekly. Mopping every other week or monthly should be sufficient.
- Do you need to install a moisture barrier under laminate flooring?
- Do I have to use quarter round when installing laminate flooring?
- Does floating floor need underlayment?
- How much does it cost to have floating floor installed?
- Should you tile around or under a toilet?
- What is a floating basement floor?
- Can laminate flooring go over radiant heat?
- Do you have to use underlayment for floating floor?
- Can you use floating floor on stairs?
- What is the best flooring for a recording studio?
You will be interested
- Can I float a solid wood floor?
- How much do floating timber floors cost?
- Is laminate in the kitchen a bad idea?
- Can underfloor heating go under laminate flooring?
- What tools do I need to install a floating floor?
- What can I use for spacers for laminate flooring?
- How do you transition from a floating floor to a carpet?
- How much does it cost to lay a floating timber floor?
- How do I stop a cold coming through the floor?
- What is the best flooring for soundproofing?