Do you need to install a moisture barrier under laminate flooring?
All laminate flooring requires an underlayment to allow the floor to float and give the locking system its strength. ... You will need a moisture barrier underlayment when installing: On a cement subfloor. On any subfloor that has a chance of moisture coming up and soaking into the flooring.
Can you glue down laminate flooring to concrete?
The Process of Installing Laminate Flooring on Concrete They can be floated on the subfloor, for instance, if they have a click-lock system. ... Adhesives and nails: Whether you need adhesives specifically designed for laminate flooring installation or nails depends on the installation method you choose.
How do you lay a subfloor on concrete?
To install a floated subfloor system, first place a layer of plywood subfloor panels with the edges parallel to the wall. Use a ¾” spacer between the plywood and the wall and a 1/8” spacer between panels. Next, lay a second layer of plywood at a 45-degree angle to the first layer.
Does basement floor need insulation?
A dry basement or crawlspace is less likely to have pests and termites. If a basement is being used for storage or as living space, it needs to be kept dry to avoid mold and dust mites. ... Basements should be insulated on their perimeters—they should not be insulated between floors.
- Do I have to use quarter round when installing laminate flooring?
- Does floating floor need underlayment?
- How much does it cost to have floating floor installed?
- Should you tile around or under a toilet?
- What is a floating basement floor?
- Can laminate flooring go over radiant heat?
- Do you have to use underlayment for floating floor?
- Can you use floating floor on stairs?
- What is the best flooring for a recording studio?
- What can I use for spacers for laminate flooring?
You will be interested
- How much does it cost to lay a floating timber floor?
- Can you do yoga on concrete?
- How do you fix a squeaky floating floor?
- Is there flooring that can go over tile?
- Can a toilet be installed on top of a floating floor?
- What does Lumiere mean in English?
- How do you fix an uneven laminate floor?
- Can I put floating floor over carpet?
- Does a shed need soffit vents?
- Is laminate in the kitchen a bad idea?